QuickBooks 2016 for Windows Introduction
Course number: QB10-CGI001
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore the QuickBooks interface and access the QuickBooks centers available in QuickBooks 2016 to familiarize yourself with the application.
- set up a company and update the Chart of Accounts using the EasyStep Interview Wizard feature.
- build and manage lists using the options available in the QuickBooks centers.
- manage inventory using the options in the Vendor Center.
- record a product sale in QuickBooks using the options in the Customer Center.
- create invoice for services using the options in the Vendors Center.
- work with bank accounts using the options provided in the Banking section of the QuickBooks interface.
You will use the basic features of QuickBooks to record and track your business transactions.
This course is designed for persons who have no prior knowledge of how to use QuickBooks, or for persons who are familiar with the software and want to learn about the new features and functionality of QuickBooks 2016.
To ensure successful completion of QuickBooks 2016, students need to have a basic understanding of the computer operating system.
- Topic 1A: Explore the QuickBooks Interface
- Topic 1B: Access the QuickBooks Centers
- Topic 1C: Use QuickBooks Help
- Topic 2A: Create a Company
- Topic 2B: Update the Chart of Accounts
- Topic 2C: Save a Copy of the Company
- Topic 3A: Build Employees Lists
- Topic 3B: Build Item Lists
- Topic 3C: Build Customers and Jobs Lists
- Topic 3D: Build Vendors Lists
- Topic 3E: Modify Multiple List Entries
- Topic 3F: Manage Lists
- Topic 4A: Place Purchase Orders
- Topic 4B: Record Receipt of Inventory
- Topic 4C: Make Payments
- Topic 4D: Update Inventory Manually
- Topic 5A: Create a Product Invoice
- Topic 5B: Record a Cash Sale
- Topic 5C: Prepare a Credit Memo
- Topic 5D: Track Customer Payments
- Topic 6A: Create a Service Invoice
- Topic 6B: Record Statement Charges
- Topic 6C: Generate a Billing Statement
- Topic 7A: Record Deposits
- Topic 7B: Pay Using Checks
- Topic 7C: Maintain the Check Register
- Topic 7D: Transfer Funds Between Accounts
- Topic 7E: Reconcile the Accounts